Why become an LCTA member?
Becoming a member of the LCTA means joining a group of like-minded business owners who want to promote their business and the tourist region of Lanark County. By combining forces, members are in a stronger position and in a better position to lobby and direct tourism efforts for Lanark County.
Remember: We Are Stronger Together. Every Member Counts.
Download the 2019 membership form HERE. Completed forms can be submitted via email or by mail.
- FREE website listing on
- FREE participation opportunity in Spring Ottawa Travel and Vacation Show (April 9,10, 2016)
- Invitation to AGM and vote on the Board of Directors
- Peer to peer communication to share ideas and collaborate on promotions
- Have a voice, be heard at Regional and Provincial Level
- Ability to leverage industry networking, resources and training
- Invitation to seminars and workshops
- Enjoy in participating member to member discounts
- Social Media promotion to consumers through Facebook and Twitter and amongst LCTA Facebook member network
- Participate in cooperative advertising opportunities
Why is my membership crucial to the success of the LCTA?
Without an adequate number of members the LCTA will not have the resources to function. Serving the needs of our members requires operational staff, previously managed by Lanark County Tourism. This responsibility will now fall to the LCTA funded by membership fees, which have not increased in the past three years. A solid, viable organization requires approximately 150 members.
How will the LCTA benefit my business?
The LCTA is focussed on three main pillars; improved member communication and collaboration, working on special projects that fit with our ‘ideal guest’ and better industry collaboration to pool knowledge and resources.
What if I’m not in the tourism business?
While you may think of yourself as not in the tourism business chances are that you serve thousands of tourists every year. Without tourist dollars many smaller communities might not be able to sustain local establishments on their own.
What other benefits are there to joining the LCTA?
Networking is an important benefit of being an LCTA member which is why we’re looking at creating networking/educational seminars that will help members understand how they can offer a unique tourism experience. LCTA members recognize that we are stronger together than alone, members play an important role in tourism in the County and understand that time and resources can be better spent working toward a common goal. Membership value and benefits are far greater than the cost.